About Us: Mission
How We Work
Our mission is to provide a college preparatory education to empower each student to reach his or her full potential as a successful, confident, self-reliant individual, including those smart, creative students with learning differences.
Orinda Academy is a co-ed independent school for students in grades 6 to 12 in Orinda, California in the San Francisco East Bay.
- We offer a college prep curriculum committed to providing students with academic growth, ambitious and advanced classes in the arts, competitive interscholastic athletics and a rich technological curriculum.
- We develop students’ critical thinking skills, ethical values, an appreciation for culture, a healthy lifestyle, and a sense of social responsibility.
- We bring together a diverse student body with a multitude of talents and abilities and develop their love of learning and an appreciation for the opportunities in our multi-cultural world.
- We foster connection, collaboration and communication between parents, students and teachers to achieve a successful academic experience.
- We update parents every two weeks with progress reports and hold parent conferences three times per year.
- Student support includes collaboration with outside tutors, therapists and specialists to ensure student success.
Get to know Orinda Academy - Our school at a Glance >>